So anyway. Let's get back to my hurt feelings. I've gotten used to snuggling Maeve's warm little body at night. I like to give her little kisses. And smell her sweet head.

But recently Maeve has been saying some pretty nasty things in her sleep.

Last night she rolled over, slapped me, and shouted, "No! Bad kitty!!!"
I figured she just had a bad dream. I mean I have bad dreams about my cats all the time. Usually they are meowing, scratching, or pissing.
So I snuggled back up to her, smelled her little head, and drifted back to sleep. For like 15 seconds.

She pushed me away again. I mean she really gave me a good shove. And said, "Nooo! Go. Bad candy!" She never opened her eyes. Did she think candy was trying to snuggle with her? I scooted over a bit, gave her a some space. I must have fallen back to sleep and found my way back over to her. But again, I found myself pummeled across the chest by Maeve's swinging arms and legs.

She yelled, "No Gamma!!" That's what she calls my mom.
At this point I've turned over and really hoped she just shuts the hell up so I can get some sleep. It's one thing snuggling with my two-year-old (almost). But with the cat, some candy, and my mom, the bed has become a bit crowded.

Maybe I'll start putting Max to bed instead. This cosleeping thing is a real bitch!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment