
Tinkerbell is even now starting to enter Max's wardrobe. Max has completely blurred any stereotypical gender lines when he selected the jibbitz to decorate his crocs. On one shoe, Dora, Diego, and Boots are teaming up to help Max get through the day. On the other shoe he has a light up Buzz Lightyear. And, of course, Tinkerbell. I think it's quite the eclectic collection of preschool powerhouse cartoon characters. And let me just tell you Max gets LOTS of attention from the girls who live across the street. One of them said the other day, "He has Tinkerbell! I've never seen a boy shoe with Tinkerbell. That's cool!!"

I've come to the conclusion that my drawings of my little family could be considered cute, perhaps. My drawings of crocs and jibbitz can be described with words like "lame" and "juvenile". I mean Tinkerbell looks like a scarecrow and Buzz looks more like a clown than an action figure.
But oh well, you get my point. Max's crocs are perfectly reflective of his own hodgepodge personality.
So last night Max was standing on the couch while watching Tinkerbell on the TV. He likes to act out the movie as it unfolds. Impressively, he has memorized nearly all the lines of the 6-7 movies that he watches on a regular basis. AND he has memorized the characters' actions and facial expressions and moods. Max becomes one with the movie. He inhabits it.
Max looked at me for a moment and seemed a bit forlorn. He said, "I can't fly like Tinkleboo."

"Why not, Max?" I asked him.
"Because Max don't have wings." He stretched out his little arms as if to show me the proof.
"That's right, Max. Boys have arms. Boys don't have wings. But you can pretend to have wings!" I proceeded to flap around the living room like some kind of maimed pigeon posing as Tinkerbell. I didn't even have a bell to jingle so I just repeated "Look at me! Tinkle tinkle. I'm Tinkerbell!"

Max clearly considered this possibility for a moment but he had another idea in mind. "Mommy, you go to work and buy wings. Go get some money and buy wings for Max."
I stopped flying around the room with my imaginary wings and said, "Okay. I'll buy you some Tinkerbell wings."
Max seemed quite satisfied. He pointed his finger up towards the sky and said, "I'm flying way up there and then up up up AWAY!"
So if you happen to see Tinkerbell and Max flying around your neighborhood, please let me know. You could just send me a Facebook message or something.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Allison-You are so talented!! I miss seeing you. Hope you're doing well. Call me sometime. Gina
ReplyDeleteThanks, Gina!! I appreciate you reading. Blogging has definitely become one of my outlets. I'm doing great! I'm sure I'll see you soon :)
ReplyDelete